Skip to main content

Melinting Dance, Traditional Dances From Lampung






Melinting Dance is one of the traditional dance that comes from Melinting, District of Labuhan Meringgai, East Lampung Regency, Lampung Province. The art of dance is considered as one of the classical arts because this dance has existed since the entry of Islam in the archipelago.



History of the emergence of this melinting dance is believed to come from the word meninting, which has the meaning of bringing. The word meninting also appears along with the entry of Islamic teachings in the archipelago, so it can be concluded that this Meninting can mean carrying the mission of Islam.



In addition to meaningful carrying Islamic mission, Melinting Dance is also believed to be made by Ratu Melinting. Queen Melinting is a queen who leads in an area named Melinting. In ancient times, the father of Prince Panembahan Mas who holds Minak Kejala Biddin and also his brother, Minak Kejala Ratu asked for help to his father, namely Sultan Maulana Hasanuddin who was still in Banten Province. They ask for help because their area often happens robbery. Sultan Banten then finally send "Petunggu Batang", which is in the form of teak seed, Melaka seedlings, white head birds, and also katang-katang. Unexpectedly, these rolling stems grow on the sidelines of the teak tree. So from then on, the area was then called Melinting.



Melinting dance is originally a sacred dance because this dance is made by Queen Melinting. But along with the times, this melinting dance is allowed to be danced by the general public. Unfortunately, this melinting dance is not widely known, either by the people of Lampung and the people of Indonesia generally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Tips - The Power of Twitter Notifications and More Tools to Streamline Your Twitter Experience

I don’t know about you, but I always have a lot of Twitter FOMO. Not sure if this is a really thing or it is just me? I’ve always stuck to the model that if someone connected to teaching and learning follows me, I will follow them back. This has let me to some great follows, but it has also added more to my Twitter stream than I can follow most days.  Today, I wanted to share a few resources I use to streamline my Twitter experience. There are many great resources that can help organize and streamline Twitter, but today  I will focus on 4: Twitter Notifications, Twitter Lists, IFTTT, and Tweetdeck.  Twitter Notifications I have to admit that up until a few months ago, I never really used or looked at using the Twitter notification icon for some of my favorite follows. It has become on of my favorites since then.  I have notifications set for less than a dozen twitter accounts. I don’t want to be overwhelmed by notifications, so keeping it to a core group really helps...

Emoji Bullet List - Add Emoji's to Any List

I am always looking for new ways to add some creative design to my tutorials, lessons, and student activities. Thanks to @TonyVincent  I have another fun way to use emojis.  Today I wanted to share the Emoji Bullet List Website . With a single list uses of the Emoji Bullet List can turn any list into a list with emoji bullet points.  ⚗ Plan for Earth Science 2022 🗂 Organize EdTech Resources 🏧 Submit Payment for Neuqua Subscriptions 📕 Read 15 minutes a day 💗 Grow as an educator ⚒ Build my PLN Additional Creative Ways to Use Emojis 📔  Creative Organization of Your Drive Folders, Keep Labels, Google Classroom Topics and More with Emojis 🎨  emojimix – Combine Popular Emojis to Design Your Own Unique Creations   📁 Recent Google Docs Updates – Awesome Features to Enhance Student Learning With Documents (Includes NotoEmoji for Google Docs) Thanks for taking a look. If you have any suggestions on using Emoji’s in the classroom, please share in the comments below. #Happ...

The spiciness of Sambal Balado Minangkabau

Balado is a typical cooking technique from Minangkabau that is by sauté chili milled with various spices, usually can onion, then garlic, and also lime. In contrast to other chili sauce which only uses chili milled as a companion of food by dyed, but Balado is served by re-cooked with various types of dishes such as jerky, , and also tempe goreng. The action of adding chili and spices is believed to make food more durable. The common and commonly used chili is red curly pink, although, in reality, this Balado dish with green chili is also no less popular. Actually, the use of the word Balado itself is used after the noun, ie, For example, Balado Fish can Fish + Chilli, Balado Gulai, then Saur Bayam Balado, and Dendeng Balado. But not Balado jerky or Balado Fish. The use of this word Balado before the noun is a misuse of the language and thus eliminates the real meaning in the original Minangkabau language (language). The way to make this Balado sauce does not take much time and is very...